09 December 2014

from Susan

2 winters in the green house
            I remember when I unknowingly said to you:
            "If you don't like me, leave me alone", and then
             you did not.
             I remember living in your green house where there was little
             difference between the out and the in,
             the pans and the bells hanging from the trees in the woods
             Reading by the stove in a room closed against the cold
             by worn blankets tacked to the door frames
             You told me that I would be Buddhist, and now your photo
              will be on the altar, and your friends will be there
              It doesn't surprise me
                          
              Thank you for helping me along the way.  Here is a blazing sun for you.
               Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment